Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday April 18

Levon Helms, drummer extraordinaire, is in his last days of battling cancer.  Go in peace, Levon; your music defined my generation.  Here is a clip of Levon with the Staple Singers from The Last Waltz, the film that chronicled The Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Ah7tVDlSk

I saw Levon on Letterman about a year ago and he had pretty much given up his voice to cancer, but his bumping the drum skins was still tight.

Today, I walked around some of my favorite haunts in the rain.  It was impossible to snap photos while holding an umbrella, so I tried to imprint things on my memory.   My legs feel like jelly after walking for four hours straight, but my mind is peaceful.  I am ready to come home at the end of next week after Paris.

I have been imaging Songbird Lane in new interior colors.  I hope I have the energy and the correct eye with the Benjamin Moore paint wheel to transform the house and make my vision a reality.  Thinking of beach color palette in soft beige, soft blues, sea urchin purple and sea grass green.  Maybe some gray like the winter Laguna sky.

Stay focused.  See you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment