Friday, January 27, 2012

Glorious morning, Friday 1/27/11

What a sunny, lovely start to the day.  It was warm enough to have coffee, fruit and cheese in my back garden--in tee shirt sans jacket!
Right off the kitchen, this is a private space I share only with the birds and a few cats who cruise through during the day looking for prey.  I don't think they are really hunters, just posers because they move slowly and are very plump.  Pretenders.

Maybe its their genetic destiny popping up, or perhaps they are bored. Who knows?  It is funny to watch them ambling around and occasionally alerting on the bird feeder.  There is a Ginger cat who bears a strong resemblance to one departed Spanky. A smaller gray tabby who looks really out of place in a garden and a black tuxedo who plops around from snooze spot to spot.

Although the basement flat also shares access to the garden, nobody lives there.  Here is a better shot of the overgrown bergenia which prevent the landlord from needing to weed.

The double doors with windows top of step lead to my kitchen.  The large window opens to my dining area.
I am off to boroughs market.  Hopefully, I'll find some potted hyacinths to continue the soft, faint fragrance of Spring in the flat. The cut tulips and hyacinths I bought last week are spent, but gave the place a wonderful, welcoming aroma every time I came home.  Too subtle to notice while here, but a hint of perfume that is neither cloying, sweet nor herbal--just soothing.  They smell the way that the color of deep lavender feels on the eyes.

1 comment:

  1. What a great place! So looking forward to visit.

    ReplyDelete