Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday, February 3

Short post today. Too cold to take my camera from backpack as I walked around the neighborhoods from Tottenham Court to St James Park in search of an advertised special for a Sassoon haircut.

Here is my favorite line from the afternoon paper, Evening Standard:  "An army of gritters is on standby to spread tens of thousands of tonnes {sic} of salt in a bid to keep the city moving."

Never shy of outrageous headlines, the papers are dubbing the coming weather front from Siberia as the "Beast from the East."  So, we are warming up from freezing to warm enough for snow.  We'll see.  The UK put out its first "Level 3 Cold Weather Alert" signalling danger for old folks. I choose to think that is not my peer group.   The only higher level is 4 which warns that "normally healthy people are at risk from cold."

o, I am being prudent and staying in tonight although it means missing a D'Angelo concert at Brixton that ends after the last tube home.

No comments:

Post a Comment